My favourite hobby

I’ve had a rough couple of weeks. I’m still on Ziprasidone, weaning off this and increasing the dose of Clozapine. I had hallucinations where i had insects in my brain. I could feel them moving and i could hear their clicking! I did tell my pdoc and my Clozapine dose was increased.
Anyway, on a much more positive note, i’ve gotten back into my cake making. It is a passion of mine. I make rustic cakes. Truthfully i can’t do anything too fancy with sugar work or anything like that, so that is one reason why my cakes are rustic. The other reasons is i just prefer the home made look to those professional cakes. Anyway, here are a couple i’ve made this week. I make them then take them into work for others to enjoy.

This one is a Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

This is a Vanilla and Lemon Baked Cheesecake with Raspberries
Staff at work seemed to appreciate them. Wasn’t much left when tea time arrived. Hope you all are well. Any other bakers here?

14 Likes

Bravo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry you had a rough patch over the past a few weeks. Hope the adjustment of medication works out for you soon. I love the raspberry cake more. Looks yummy。 Good job!

1 Like

Those look yummy.
I dont bake much.
But i can do banana split. :blush:
Im also weaning of a med, zyprexa.

1 Like

Wow beautiful!!! Cakes are my hobby also!

1 Like

That cheesecake looks delicious what’s the crust on the outside made of? And is it soft when you cut the into it? I’m salivating thinking about it

The crust is made out of Arrowroot biscuits. They are just a plain, vanilla flavoured biscuit, so they pair nicely with the cheesecake filling. Yes, it is soft when cut into.

Thanks kindly @Om_Sadasiva. I hope you’re travelling well.

Thanks for your concern @green5. I’m sure things will get better. Thanks for your kind comments on my cakes.

I LOVE a good banana split. Haven’t had one in ages. Good luck with weaning off Zyprexa. Hopefully it is a fairly uneventful transition.

1 Like

Ah, so i have competition! I’d like to see some pictures of your cakes if you have any. Thanks for your comments.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.