My father in law is hallucinating and convulsing now

We think this means he’ll probably die really soon. Anyone else see a loved one do this at the end?

Yeah I remember my one aunt had a bad stroke and we went to visit her in the hospital near the end. She wasn’t lucid but was moaning and groaning in her bed. She would move her arms around, but she couldn’t communicate at all. It was rough to see. She passed within a week. Same thing happened with my grandfather a year and a half ago, but he had dementia for 5 years so he wasn’t with it for a while. Its difficult to watch but its a part of life I guess. Sending good vibes your way.

1 Like

Thanks @Schizoidman

1 Like

My uncle died from pancreatic cancer at 36 y.o. after 2 months of being diagnosed. Same year he got married. He had many morphine injections in his abdomen daily. They fed him with a tube. He wasn’t normal and could barely talk, he yelled a lot from pain, he looked pregnant because cancer spread to all his organs. At the end it spread to his brain and he was in a coma during which he died of a heart attack.

He was the closest to me after my parents. I wanted to cry but I couldn’t because of my sz.

1 Like

He was like my dad for me.

1 Like

Oh, i am very sorry @ZmaGal :cry:, really…
I know, that my grandmother was convulsing before her end… She had cancer :confused:

1 Like

I’m sorry @ZmaGal I imagine it won’t be long

1 Like

rest and peace.and he was gona get married at 36.life sucks.im sad.

2 Likes

The nurse said he probably won’t make it through the night

I’m sorry @ZmaGal.
End of days can also be a spiritual time.

1 Like

My dad had a tumour in his brain (cancer) and within three months he left us but we found out all of this when he had a fit… im so sorry and I hope you all find the strength to get through this

1 Like

My uncle did that in the end with cancer. Unfortunately he didn’t make it very long after that started happening.

I pray for the best.

1 Like

Thanks. We were told he probably won’t make it through the night

1 Like

It’s hard to watch a loved one go through that, and you feel helpless. I went through that. I hope you all find solace in one another. Stay strong. Hugs.

1 Like

Thanks @anon78876561

1 Like

My father had cancer that metastasized to his brain. The pressure of the tumor in his brain caused him to have psychosis. Fortunately, the doctor was able to give him some sort of corticosteroid to reduce the swelling and pressure and he was able to spend his final weeks in hospice care at home and he had relatively normal functioning and was pain free. My mom and I took care of him at home for 6 weeks and he passed away peacefully. This was almost twenty years ago.

2 Likes

I have seen many people die, but I’ve always seen them go very still when close to death. they jerk and twitch sometimes and it’s scary but I’ve never seen convulsing, that must be very difficult to watch. If you can, try to stay close and talk to him. let him know he is loved. hearing is the last sense to go. much love and strength to you and your family during this time.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you went through that and lost him. Now my father in laws breathing is rattling. He doesn’t have cancer. He has a weak heart. But he’s 89, so he lived a good long life. Well, some of his life was horrible but a lot was good. I’m just sorry he’s suffering so much in the end

We’ve all been reassuring him he’s ok, that he’s free to let go and that we love him. His morphine has been increased and so has his Ativan

1 Like

I’m very sorry about your father in law. Is your father in law unconscious?

I do remember that my father’s breathing did become slower his final night (he was in a coma at that point). He did also have rattling in his breathing towards the end. Even so, his passing was quite peaceful. I hope that your father-in-law’s passing is peaceful as well.

1 Like