My father has a house

My father has a huge house that my aunt once lived in until she passed.

He offered me to live there rent free. It’s close to my parents house so I won’t be completely alone… the only problem is that it is in rural Japan and I would be isolated from everything.

I couldn’t get disability in the US, and I’m struggling with work. I am sure I will work some kind of job eventually if I moved there. The thought of not having to pay rent is really appealing.

Kinda lonely living out here alone…

Would you move in, if it were you in the situation?

6 Likes

I prefer being close to my family.

4 Likes

If you get support there. Sure. Sounds like a good thing. Do you become a Japanese citizen or already?

2 Likes

I have dual citizenship in the US and in Japan

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea

2 Likes

if being alone is just a matter of preferring company over being alone, go for it. I would get paranoid alone, so I live in a group home. Missing urban activities is another thing entirely. How much time do you spend on what the city alone offers?

1 Like

I’ve never been to Japan, but it sounds like a great option. No rent! And near family.

2 Likes

If I’m not at work, I’m usually at home.

I go grocery shopping when I’m not home at my apartment

1 Like

You could go crazy being alone. Do you speak Japanese? I’ve been living alone since 2008 and it has been hell. I understand what Brian Wilson says when he says he is not a survivor and that acid killed him. ( He said that on Charlie Rose show. )

1 Like

It honestly sounds like a good deal I’m sorry you’re having to make this choice

1 Like

Loneliness is bad for mental wellbeing.

1 Like

Honestly - i would live in japan over the US right now.
Sounds like a great place to live out your life in peace.

The US population is so divisive and not living up to being a UNITED States of America.
Violence, crime, hate, etc. living here. You can feel it.

1 Like

I’m not good at being alone so it’s not for me.

1 Like

@Abise Living rent free in a house near your parents seems like a pretty good option. You could help them out and they good help you out. Living in rural Japan actually sounds pretty appealing if you enjoy a quiet slower-paced life.

3 Likes

I would move in and be rent free.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.