My experience with schizophrenia

Like many people I struggle with schizophrenia I was going weeks at a time not talking sitting in a stairwell for weeks outside not eating or drinking much when I was inside I was up three four days at a time I couldn’t talk coherently or put thoughts together I had previously been through terrible depression and now couldn’t feel and the supplements that helped me were b12 folate from animals that got me talking again and cytokines suppress supplement that worked like the b12 from animals I also take fish oil which is supposed to lower the symptoms by 25% oregano oil helps my gut health vitamin d and it’s all seemed to get me functioning again and of course medication is a must it’s only been there to help me so far

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Gravesscar !

1 Like

Welcome!

This is the best online meeting place for people with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder!
Moderators are friendly.
Please read the forum guidelines too.

Hint: I found it hard to read your post. Try using some periods and commas next time please :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry about that I was trying to make something easy to read I didn’t know it was hard to read hopefully people can understand it.

1 Like

For non-prescription remedies I take Metamucil, fish oil, calcium, and low dose aspirin. I don’t know much about other meds like you mention.

Welcome aboard @Gravesscar . I have read similar things about omega-3s being helpful in treating schizophrenia. The oregano oil I have never heard before, but I do take glycine everyday which is supposedly helping with that as well

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Gravesscar!

Thank you for sharing your story of schizophrenia, and your recipe that allowed you to break from the cycle you were in.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I overdid the fish oil, spent some time in the washroom as a result.

Moderation in all things!

:blush:

1 Like

welcome to the forum @Gravesscar

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Do you take prescription meds too? If so, what do you take?

2 Likes

I take invega with my supplements

1 Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

I liked Invega. I had to switch though because I no longer have Medicaid and can’t afford it. Here in the US it’s $2000 a month for the injection and $1000 a month for the pills. Now I’m on Haldol because it’s cheap

1 Like

I think they have programs that can help you afford the medication so your only paying $30 an injection

Anyone with Medicare does not qualify for the prescription coupons. It’s a dumb rule @Gravesscar

1 Like

Plus, Medicare prescription coverage has a donut hole where initially you pay a copay, but once you reach about $4000 for what your copays add up to as well as what the insurance had to pay total, you have to pay close to 50% of the costs of your meds until you reach the catastrophic coverage which covers more. I can’t afford to go into the donut hole. I wouldn’t be able to buy my scripts. So I avoid it by making sure all my meds (I have other health issues) never reach the donut hole.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I had a similar experience to you - spent hours walking the streets, no social contact with anyone, not eating/drinking at all

1 Like

I got prescribe 1000mg Omega 3 dialy since my levels were low taking it for over a month now and noticed my moods are more stable.

1 Like