My dog works off the principal of diffusion

This may only make sense if anyone remembers biology class.

Every time I get up from sleeping for whatever reason my dog takes the position I used to have on the bed, usually the middle, and spreads herself out as much as possible and immediately falls back asleep.

This leaves me the choice of either waking her up or sleeping in a more cramped portion of the bed…on the sides and such. This decision is made according to my mood at the time. Whether I am feeling grumpy and want my space back or if I am in a considerate mood.

On occasion, she will move on her own if I am truthful but, in most cases the above scenario applies.

I hope I got the basic idea of diffusion right and didnt type this whole thing out for nothing. It’s been 30 some years since I studied it.

9 Likes

#MaggieForPresident

2 Likes

Ah, the doggie pancake method of diffusion. It is a very effective way to claim maximum territory and often goes unchallenged. :dog: :pancakes: :zzz: :bed: :sleepy:

1 Like

Diffusion is that a dissolved substance will diffuse or spread from area of high concentration to low concentration until it is distibuted equally throughout the solution. Then there is diffusion across membranes.

So do you mean to say maggie diffuses throughout the room until she is equally everywhere?

1 Like

lol. No, just on the bed.

1 Like

I was basically saying she spreads herself across my bed in a manner to take up as much of it as possible. Like pancake batter on a pan.

It may not have been a perfect example, so you got me there.

3 Likes

I’d invest in a dog cot or something.

1 Like

She’s probably going on the bed because it’s warm (your body heat) or she smells your scent.

Does she have a bed? Maybe put her bed next to your bed.

1 Like

She does. Its in the living room.

But often she choose to sleep in mine instead.

I actually used to have a second dog bed near my bed awhile back, but she prefers my bed.

1 Like

i share a bed with an 80 lb dog. lol sometimes when i leave room at night i come back to find him sleeping in my spot, sometimes he will go ragdoll mode and i just slide him to the side gently but usually he gets up to make space, im 6’0 300 lbs and sleep on a twin bed with a hospital mattress, so i often wake up with one leg on on the floor as if i was half way getting ready to get up,
i have just accepted it at this point

2 Likes

I mean, my hubby does this too. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Nah, a people sized cot for @Bowens so he has somewhere to sleep when Maggie Pancake hogs the bed.

2 Likes

Build it and they will come I guess :joy:
Doggy knows a good seat when he sees it

1 Like