My dog ate half a pound of chocolate today

While I was at the grocery store she got up on the counter and ripped the bag open,

Eating most of the bakers chocolate.

She only weighs 8lbs herself, so I was terrified.

Rushed her to the vet,

Induced vomiting,

Gave her activated charcoal.

$400 later they’re saying they think she’ll be okay.

Little jerk, I hope she’s okay,

I love this dog.

16 Likes

Pheeeeeeew !!! That could have been curtains.

2 Likes

Oh wow!
Thank goodness she’s ok.
Chocolate is toxic to doggies!

1 Like

Oh noes! I’m glad to hear she’s ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

How scary! Glad they think she’ll be alright.

1 Like

omg that is horrible…sorry it cost you so much…right now we owe the vet over $750…working on paying it off…

1 Like

I’m glad she’s okay. Pets are the best but sometimes when they get into trouble it scares me. My cat got stuck in a tree the other day (really) and I was terrified.

1 Like

@wave is right. Never give a dog chocolate. Just for curiosity sake you might want to do a search online for the list of things that dogs shouldn’t eat.

2 Likes

Don’t give them chicken bones either. They will break and can cut the dog up or puncture their throat when they try to swallow it.

2 Likes

Dogs shouldn’t eat onions either!
They are also toxic to dogs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.