My depressive episode ended (I hope)

I noticed it yesterday when I didn’t feel the horrible pain at night anymore. I was even singing again, and everything just seemed more manageable. I checked the calendar and sure enough it’s been around 2 weeks which is about how long my severe depressive episodes last. (More mild ones can last over a month or longer but the severe ones where I get suicidal thoughts are typically just 2 weeks).

So anyways I waited out the storm. However I still have anxiety. So I am ready for my psychiatrist appointment this week where I’m going to go back on something affecting seratonin again, while tapering off geodon and Wellbutrin.

3 Likes

I’m probably going to ask to be put back on Effexor, which I tried before but quit because it didn’t let me orgasm. This is a rather mild side effect compared to all the other ones out there so I’d rather go back on it since I know what to expect. Since Wellbutrin helped reverse this problem with geodon I am wondering if remaining on a small dose of Wellbutrin will also help with this problem on Effexor.

However being on Wellbutrin and not an antipsychotic raises concern of having my psychosis be aggravated so I will have to watch my symptoms very carefully if I do this.