My Daughter's Prom Day

This is them at the Garden Party today…the dance is tonight.

Sheesh they’ve grown up fast! They are both Honor students. Not sure how we did it…I have schizophrenia and my wife is bipolar…but somehow it’s all worked out. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Congratulations :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I had to work and wasn’t able to attend the garden party. But next week is their Graduation Ceremony which I will be able to go to.

I figure today is their day…next week is for the whole family.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

I actually came up with this quote while psychotic, and it still rings true today.

Parenthood: “Long days. Fast years.”

Congrats, you should be proud. You give me faith in having kids. I had abandonned that idea since having sz. I have to find a wife first, maybe when my negative symptoms get better :joy:

1 Like

I’m one of the lucky schizophrenics…family, job, I can drive…etc.

I feel somewhat blessed despite having this affliction.

1 Like

Dresses, shoes, hair, nails, hotel rooms, limo.

All of this times two! I think I’m going to have to take up Go-Go dancing again to pay for all of this!

Good job dad! You’ve done well bringing them up.

1 Like

Nice job @Patrick . I hope they enjoy/enjoyed their day.

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks all!

As you may recall, we almost lost my daughter on the right last April.(2021)…she had near-fatal pancreatitus.

Now she has a good job, a sweet boyfriend and is attending Prom. The Planets somehow all aligned and goodness came shining through in the end.

3 Likes

Awwwww.

Just remember, no matter how old they get they’re always in your heart.

And your wallet.

Congrats!!!

:blush:

1 Like

Thanks!

I think you’re always your parent’s little kid. My own mother is 85 years old and still calls me Patty-Pooh! :blush:

1 Like