My daughter the speed demon

Twice 2 days apart my daughter went through an intersection that has a speed camera. The speed limit there is 60 and she got caught doing 74 and 75. The two tickets together are $465. There goes all of her savings. I sure hope she’s learned her lesson. I’ve had a few of my own. Money she’s been saving for her next year of university will disappear if she doesn’t.

1 Like

Let her know the slower the better . Also those whom rush tend never to arrive at finial destination.

1 Like

I have been trying to teach her that but it’s hard to do to a very independent 18 year old .

1 Like

Tell her this ===> " A 45 year old man that has been driving for under 5 years. Drives like a older Sunday morning driver by following the speed limit to every street he travels upon, and is never late even when rushed, and has never ever has gotten a ticket."

1 Like

Oh I wish that would convince her. I’m hoping money talks

1 Like

I would hope the story I told you would teach her, because it’s my true life story. You see when I was young the put me in home economics. They where afraid I’d take the car and leave. When me and my gal got together she taught me how to drive about 5 yrs ago.

1 Like

That’s an awesome story! Sometimes I think 16.is too young to get a license

1 Like

Yeah that sucks. Was unaware you had those up in Canada. We don’t have them in the town that I live in but they do in near by towns. My dad got one just recently. It was $100. He didn’t even know it was there.

2 Likes

In the city she lives in there are lots of speed traps
They are clearly marked before the camera that there is one. She just doesn’t learn.

2 Likes

I see. Unfortunately around here some of them they move around.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.