Schizophrenia.com

My daughter’s hamster escaped

And we can’t find him anywhere. He escaped some time during the night. We just took a break looking. We looked in shoes, under furniture, under beds, in closets. Can’t find him :frowning:

5 Likes

that sucks =(
i hope you manage to find him soon.
Is it possible that he managed to get outside?

1 Like

Idk maybe the cat ate him?

1 Like

All the windows are closed and doors are too

1 Like

No cat in the house

2 Likes

that’s weird…
i hope he didn’t manage to get out but if not then you maybe find him a bit later…

1 Like

Put a large bowl of food or treats with water in the middle of the room that he’s most likely to be in. I’d set up shop in there with something sedentary and quiet like a computer and headphones. Make sure the bowl is within your line of sight. As soon as he is comfortable in the quiet room he will go to the food.

:woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

do you have any open vents in the house?

1 Like

Lol Reading the thread title, this gave me a funny vision of a hamster craftily escaping from his cage when no one is looking.

But seriously I hope you guys find him. I guess the cage door was open somehow?

2 Likes

No open vents. Luckily, we found him. He’s back in his cage! Yay!
@Aziz @77nick77 @Raelyn_Fenn @jukebox @bittercat @lekkerhondje

10 Likes

Where was he hiding?

2 Likes

In a closet that had a lot of shoe boxes. He was hiding back there.

1 Like

There’s a hole that has a cover to keep it closed where a hose can go in to let him run around a maze. We don’t have a hose or maze so it’s kept shut with the lid. But he managed to get it open and get out

3 Likes

Hahaha that’s funny I remember when the hamster in my house went and got lost I had to find him all night. He turned up dead in the living room. Eaten by rat s

2 Likes

That’s so sad! Did you get rid of the rats?

I’m so glad you found your hamster. Hamsters are precious creatures and it’s easy to get attached to them.

1 Like

We taped the cover over the hole onto the cage do we’re hoping he can’t get out now

1 Like

Yea my sister’s grandpa grabbed the rat and killed it with his own hands. Lol barbaric right!

2 Likes

That’s a good idea

1 Like

Wow. I wouldn’t be able to do that lol