My daughter has schizophrenia

I"m so confused. I want to fight for her, and at the same time I want to run from her. She has the same delusions, over the years. is that normal? She uses the same phrases, same names, same delusions. For instance, there is a thing she calls a No-Hold. it’s a little green thing that can inflate and deflate people’s souls. She’s constantly acusing her dad of rape or murdering someone. .What medicines are good for this type of delusions? Does anyone know?

1 Like

Antipsychotics are good for delusions. I’m on invega 6 mg, and it helps a lot. Delusions are very hard to get rid of, but good luck to you and your daughter.

1 Like

Thank you. She is taking depakote and just recentlly started taking Latuda. Trazadone for sleep I think. Doesn’t seem to be helping.

1 Like
4 Likes

I used to take trazadone for sleep also. Is Latuda an antipsychotic? I’ve never tried it, but I know from personal experience with other APs that they take a while before they start working fully.

I think you should go to the forum that @LED put in this thread. That one is for family or caregivers of people with schizophrenia, while this one is just for people with psychotic disorders themselves.

I recently started to admire the parents of szphrenics. How they dont give up on their children. Even if their children dont recognize them anymore.

1 Like

Yes that’s true - family really are the best people in the world

ok. Thank you , I will.

1 Like

@Valleygirlvamp I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Moonbeam
Volunteer Moderator

2 Likes