My dad has more energy and motivation than me at 68 years old

Today my dad has mowed 2 lawns, done yardwork, Gone to the grocery store and Walmart, messed around with our invisible fence trying to get it to work…that’s just the things I know of.
I wish I still had his energy and motivation. Sometimes I struggle just to get my dog walking done for the day.

10 Likes

I can relate to you with having little energy or motivation, it sucks.

3 Likes

Both of my parents have ADHD symptoms. They always move and do things. I myself only lie on the couch all day. I don’t know how things got this way. I wish I was more of a do’er.

2 Likes

Same with me and my dad. He’s 70 and I’m 31.

1 Like

I’ve been told antipsychotics are considered major tranquilizers. I think that’s why we are having so much trouble with energy levels

6 Likes

That’s probably a big part of it. Along with the negatives of sz itself.

2 Likes

my dads 78 and im 37, he probably couldnt do my job but he does way more stuff around the house and yard than i do. i could do it but what would he do :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s got to be the meds.
Ever since getting back on the Depakote my motivation is even worse than before!

My 87 year old father has more motivation than me!

I know how you feel @Bowens!

3 Likes

I went off depakote when I started abilify 10mg.
Depakote really drains no matter what the dose is.
I’ve noticed with low histamine foods that my anxiety is really low even when my heart was beating 120 standing.

2 Likes

Antipsychotics ARE major tranquilizers. That’s exactly what they are. No wonder none of us have any motivation to do anything!

4 Likes

I did look and act older than my mother.

2 Likes

Yea my parents have much more energy than me. I stay in bed most of the time.

1 Like

A whole cup of oatmeal works pretty well. I’ve done it two times a day now. You’ll get that nitric oxide, serotonin and dopamine. To me it feels like exercise in large quantity.

3 Likes

Yeah, my oldest sister is like that. Very high energy.

2 Likes

I don’t have a father anymore, but my uncle is around what my dad’s age would be today if he lived. My uncle, who was a pastor, re-shingled his house on his own, re-tiled his bathroom (and did a beautiful job), and just keeps on going. He has prostate cancer and a tumor behind an eye, and he’s still unfazed. It’s quite remarkable. Me? I sit on the couch and surf the net and watch movies. That’s 85% of my life. Amazing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.