Schizophrenia.com

My cousin (who’s also sza)

My cousin is 4 years younger than me.

He’s also sza, but he’s been in hospitals since he was 9 years old. I think he’s 26 now and he’s just really recovering but I’d say he’s ahead of me in recovery.

He got put on meds at 10 years old. But got put in programs at those ages too.

I got put on meds at 20 years old. Now I’m 30. So less time on meds for me. I understand why he’s at a more stable point in life.

It’s not like he didn’t so drugs. But i would contend my lsd and magic mushrooms use to a reckless extent was more damaging than what he was doing as far as drugs go.

Buuut. I take naltrexone every day and I believe that heals you from drug mental inflictions. Just an FYI there. It’s worth a try if anyone’s suffering from that. Well its helped me And a doctor even told me it helps with it.

My cousin may be younger than me, but he’s someone I kinda look up to for his history of mental health and recovery.

3 Likes

I’m not saying you are but it sounds as though you are comparing yourself to others, simply ask yourself, “who was I yesterday?” and “how can I build on that?”
it’s really helped me and i just wanted to share that with anyone else.
best wishes for you friend.

1 Like

I hope the naltrexone helps. How long have you been taking it?

Actually 4 1/2 years it’s really helped me.

I was in bad shape in 2014-15 before the naltrexone and it’s revitalized me a great bit but I still have work to do.

I already quit alcohol with help from naltrexone.

Hppd and cognitive issues are helped For me by naltrexone. I was in bad shape after a bad experience in may of 2014. I never had much cognitive issues before until I had the mishap. Meds and shrooms shouldn’t be mixed together. And that fd me up real bad and now I’m almost back to where I was cognitively. But I gotta use healthier habits with marijuana/cannabis. I know it’s bad for most schizos. Well I know it doesn’t help with the negative symptoms for me. And too much doesn’t help with the positive symptoms usually either. And it’s hard to balance it so I promised I’m quitting when I run out.

1 Like

That sounds really promising!

1 Like

I switched to vaping 50mg Nicotine Salts. It hits strong. Its a stronger form of nicotine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.