My concern about paying attention and care to other people

Since the outbreak of COVID19 pandemic, hatred against Chinese has spread in western countries as well as in some Asian countries. For quite a long time I felt awkward when I was browsing on this site. I didn’t know if I should express my care and support for other members because my effort might be seen as cheap and was not needed.

I know that not everybody holds a grudge against Chinese and I could feel it clearly by how you have responded to my posts. I do appreciate those noble acts done by the noble people here.

I like this forum very much and will be staying with it in the near future. I just don’t want to be cheap and foolish. I will be cautious with what I am posting.

Hope you can understand my worry and awkwardness.

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about the hatred. But know that I like you though, you’re an awesome part of this forum community.

2 Likes

You’re a supportive and helpful member of this community. There will always be racist ■■■■■■■■ out there, but at least in this community we can call them out for what they are. You deserve to get as much out of this forum sad anyone else.

It’s not all of China’s fault for the virus. It’s the fault of poverty. It could have happened in any country and only people that want to be racist can’t see that.

2 Likes

I like you, too. Thank you for your kindness.

2 Likes

I agree. Thank you for your encouragement. It’s for the members like you I have kept coming back to this forum.

3 Likes

I’m also Asian myself and I certainly feel the same way. Thank you all for being so kind to me.

3 Likes

sorry to hear you experience hatred cause you are chinese… i really like you and i’m sure a lot of people here do. I think it’s weird to hate the chinese for the virus cause it’s just a virus… you can’t control nature, it doesn’t have anything to do with what race you are.

2 Likes

There are racists everywhere. The best reaction is no reaction. I have learned to ignore racist remarks. It hurts to hear them. However, getting into an altercation about it is a waste of time and emotions. I know how you feel. I was raised in America and was the object of racial discrimination while growing up. It was sad and shaped my self-worth. I hated being in my skin. Now, I’m proud of my heritage. We should all be proud of our heritage- no matter the race or color of our skin. So, please don’t feel awkward about yourself. Be proud of who you are! We all have our strengths. We are all people of the human race. I welcome you!

2 Likes

Hmm. . .

I Agree, @lekkerhondje. It Is Worse Than Weird In A Sense That, People Could Get Hurt Seriously Over Such Ignorance And Moral Abuse. On Any Culture That Are Victims From The Same Virus We Have All Became Victims Of. As You Say, It’s Jus A Virus, It Doesn’t Choose What To Feed On. It Jus Feeds On Anything That It Is Able To Feed On. . .

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :owl: :spider_web: :owl:

3 Likes

Honestly, you worry too much about what other people say or do. What I have found throughout my life is that the more insecure a person is, the more hateful they are. Racism can never be fully eradicated, we can only minimize it. The racist people will always act that way cause deep down they are insecure about something in their lives.

2 Likes

Please don’t hold back!

I appreciate people speaking freely, and saying what’s on their minds.

Any one who hates Chinese people because of Covid-19 is ignorant, and you should take it for what it is.

2 Likes

Thank all of you for your kind, thoughtful responses @Joker @ATARI @ciaociao1 @anon10648258 @anon95278303 @lekkerhondje Your words mean a lot to me.

2 Likes

Never seen an issue from you and please continue posting. We are successful as a website because we support each other and I and most people here don’t care where you come from if you follow the basic tenets of being civil and supportive.

So sorry you feel threatened @green5 but your in safe hands here!

3 Likes

Yeah, I trust the Mods here and am grateful for your work for this forum. This forum is a safe place for me and I like to be here.

3 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the Chinese govt because human rights. I bear no ill will towards Chinese people, they are the first to be victimized by the aforementioned.

Racists suck.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind comments. I believe you are a decent person both on internet and in reality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.