My computer is slow... Some advice? Software that I could use?

Let me do some investigation about onedrive.

@moonlee,

Thank you! :blush:

@wonderdunk,

lol

I found it funny. :joy:

1 Like

@moonlee,

I found an answer here in the internet:

ā€œNo, all that is uploaded will not be lost. After formatting, you enter your Microsoftā€™s account (Hotmail, Outlook) and your files will be there in the Cloud.ā€

for web browsing you could try installing an ad blocker to speed things up (if you donā€™t already.) as the name suggests it blocks the adverts which often slow down a web page. i use one called ā€˜adblockā€™ which is an extension for my browser ā€˜chromiumā€™ and it has improved web speed quite a lot for me.

1 Like

The best security software i had tried is Eset Smart Security. It works very well on slow computer. You might wanna give it a try.

@Prospero,

Hi! I use Adblock plus in my Firefox.

1 Like

@ky77,

Iā€™m using Norton Antivirus now.

I think Eset Smart Security is superior compare to Norton Antivirus because it include firewall, antivirus, antispyware, anti-theft, antispam, anti-phishing features. You may also look at the reviews online.

@ky77,

Norton Security Essencial has firewall protection and other functions also.

Okay you are right.

@ky77,

I was using COMODO Antivirus earlier, itā€™s free.

Do you know about Kaspersky?

Not sure if you can afford it or not but it may be time to get a new pc.

1 Like

Yeah i had tried Kaspersky before. It is not good for slow computer as it used a lot of cpu resources. I wont recommend you to try it though.

I just switched to Panda and it is so light - it doesnā€™t slow down my system at all. I had been using AVG, which was fantastic a few years ago but now has become nagware.

1 Like

I installed Windows 8.1, the laptop is more faster now, but I canā€™t synchronize OneDrive to use with it. I have to install a lot of softwares also. I installed Norton, Office and Firefox only.

Sorry for the late reply, andy. I am too busy and thought it should be OK with onedrive. You can consult the onedrive support for your issue.

@moonlee,

Ok, no problem.

I read the OneDriveā€™s website and it says that to use OneDrive in Windows 8.1 you need to have a business or student account and I donā€™t have it. Though I can see the files on the browser and in my Windows Phone that has Windows 10 system. Iā€™m downloading my archives from OneDrive by the browser to put it in my computer and in my pen drive.

Iā€™m downloading my OneDriveā€™s files to my laptop.
I installed Adblock Plus also.