My computer is slow... Some advice? Software that I could use?

Well, my computer’s configuration is not that good.

It’s a dual-core Celeron,
with 2GB of RAM Memory :cry:

I think I could upgrade it to 4GB :slight_smile:

Any advices of softwares like CCleaner or Defraggler or another that I could use?

Might wanna run malwarebytes

When my computer gets slow it always does the trick :wink:

2 Likes

@turningthepage,

Well, my computer is from a company called “Positivo” that means “Positive” in english and sadly is one of worst as far as I know.

restore to factory setting. What OS are you running? Do you have important data that needs to be backed up?

2 Likes

@crsaen,

The majority of my information are in OneDrive,
I using Windows 10.

But I had problems with my computer after installing Linux earlier.

Try searching “restore system to factory state” in the bottom left search thing. After your restore and it’s not running well, it may be your OS may be your problem if your specs aren’t great, which in your case they aren’t. see if you can revert back to win7 or 8? Win 10 can be unstable if Some drivers aren’t compatible with your system.

I made the mistake of getting the free upgrade to win10 for my old laptop. There was no win10 graphics driver support. Had to purchase a win8 key, which ran much better with my t410s

@crsaen,

I think I have a Windows 8.1’s CD here anywhere, I need to check it.

@crsaen,

Well, I found.

Did they offer you free win 10 upgrade? They shouldn’t have considering your specs. win 8 is great

@crsaen,

Yes. I did it.
My computer (a laptop) came with Windows 8.1.

you don’t even need the cd. you should be able to revert using the option in the control panel

Or bring up the options by pressing F8 a few times when rebooting. Should bring you one step further in reverting

1 Like

@crsaen,

I’ll check that. Thanks.

I recommend Linux to you. It run OK on old machines.

1 Like

@moonlee,

The question is that I bought some softwares here like: Microsoft Office 2016 and Norton Antivirus.

And I like the OneDrive system also.
And I need to use some softwares to learning C Language and HTML/CSS/Javascript like: Dev-C++ and Notepad++.

OK. So Windows 7 or Windows 8 should be your choice.

@moonlee,

I like using Ubuntu, it’s very fast, but I like the softwares that I can install in Windows also, the compatibility of the softwares.

Yeah, Ubuntu is great. My old laptop run Ubuntu.

2 Likes

@moonlee,

I was looking here and sadly it doesn’t have the option to turn back to Windows 8.1, I think it’s because I installed the Windows 8.1 with a CD.

You installed Windows 8.1 with a CD? Then upgrade to Windows 10?

@moonlee,

My computer came with Windows 8.1, then I updated it to Windows 10 and now I want to return to Windows 8.1 because it’s slow, I’m thinking about to return to Windows 8.1.

Do you know what will occur with the OneDrive files? Nothing, right?