My communication skills are non-existent šŸ˜‚ .. funny story

So, today was my dadā€™s birthday dinner at a Japanese restaurant. My little brother called me, beforehand, and asked if I could pick up some candles for Dadā€™s birthday. I said sure! Me and Hubby were walking into Walmart, anyway.

I asked my bro, ā€œHow many candles? One? Two?ā€ He responded with, ā€œIDK, however many you want.ā€

I thought my brother was asking us to pick up a gift. Of candles. Because maybe my brother didnā€™t have time?

So, I went to the candle area of Walmart. Hubby asked what scent. I said that my brother didnā€™t say what scent. We picked out 2 nice candles, though. We even bought a gift bag and tissue paper.

I got it all nice looking. I asked my brother to meet us outside, when we pulled up to the restaurant.

I opened the back door and showed my brother the gift bag. He looked confused. I showed him the candles and told him what scents they were. He looked even more confused. And then he said he meant birthday candlesā€¦ for the cakeā€¦

Then we busted up laughing. Oh, man.

On the way home, after dinner, Hubby and I were laughing so hard about it that we were crying. Hubby had to pull the car over for a minute to regain composure.

LMAO. I failed so hard.

25 Likes

:joy: thats awesome, now your dad will have nice scented candles

3 Likes

Thats a really funny story

2 Likes

I figured it was birthday candles the whole time.

The problem with scented candles is you find a scent you like then it goes out of season or whatever and you can never find it again. I really like Yankee Candleā€™s Cherry Blossom Orchard but I can never find it.

My aunt has her own business making and selling scented candles. She said peppermint bark was the most popular at Christmas.

Did you know that in December there was a huge wave of negative reviews for Yankee Candles claiming that they have no scent? Turns out the candles were fine, the reviewers all had covid and couldnā€™t smell anything! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oopps!! At least you could have a hood laugh about it. Lost in translation.

1 Like

You are so lucky to have a significant other. Donā€™t fall into ingratitude.

Haha! Thatā€™s funny and sad, at the same time.

1 Like

I did very embarrassing stuff due to my cognitive problems. I asked my motherā€™s aunt how is and where is her husband, she was shocked and said you were at his funeral last year. I still feel embarrassed about it.

1 Like

I wonder if blowing out the candles on birthday cakes in covidtimes is a wise thing to do ? :thinking:

1 Like

You make a very good pointā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Oh, man. Thatā€™s bad. Iā€™m so sorry you forgot about that.

I forgot that my dadā€™s business friend had died. I asked about him and my dad was shocked. He reminded me of his death. I felt so bad for forgetting.

1 Like

me and my wife are always laughing at everything itā€™s a good feeling.

@Juliesftw Youā€¦ have a wife? Arenā€™t you the poster who is talking about sending money to women online with your motherā€™s money?

Not trying to derail the thread, but damn.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a funny story @Blossom! Iā€™ve had moments like that, but nothing that funny. An honest misunderstanding.

1 Like

Maybe Wife also means sock :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smiley:

2 Likes

My dads birthday was Wednesday. He turned 77. I told him I didnā€™t have enough money to buy that many candles for his cake He thought it was funny. Should have just bought him some scented candlesā€¦ā€¦lol

4 Likes

Weā€™re not supposed to talk about posters who arenā€™t here to defend themselves. But he said himself he doesnā€™t have a wife.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.