My co-workers are wary of me at work because they know I have schizophrenia

well, you gotta break that stigma
that you might be dangerous,

or whatever they are wary of.

1 Like

It’s difficult to break a stigma when the facts are true.

I have told my co-workers about me being a published author/poet, a book on schizophrenia.
got good response from them.

1 Like

what’s true??
schizophrenics aren’t dangerous,
no more than a normie.

1 Like

Uhhhh… there is a reason why there are laws that protect the mentally ill such as NCR (Not Criminally Responsible) or the Mental Health Act. If an innocent bystander or “normie” were to be killed, physically assaulted or even bloodily cut by a schizophrenic, those schizophrenics were in a psychotic state and need mental health laws to prove their action was not stable during that act.

I would just keep working there. It’s true you have sz, so you should learn to live with people knowing about it. You can’t run and hide from your own reflection/ shadow.

4 Likes

How is work as a landscaper? I got offered that job too

My inner right arm.

My outer left arm

I have been through a lot of cuts and loss of blood. Any sane person who has seen my scars would be “concerned” about my history if they saw these. Especially if they were to know if schizophrenia is involved.

1 Like

Wow how did you get these @yinyang

1 Like

Just say I become violent when I am not medicated.

1 Like

Maybe get back on meds or go to the hospital?

1 Like

I have been medication compliant for the last 10+ years. I got these scars about 20 years ago.

1 Like

Phooey. Either you add value to the enterprise or you don’t. If you’re doing your job competently and in a way that adds value to the company, that’s what matters. Don’t let the drama at work get to you. Just concentrate on doing the work well and in a professional manner. This is your opportunity to demonstrate that there is a place for us, too.

I have proven I do add value to the company with my knowledge and training. I just focus on my work and do my best to complete my job duties. Unfortunately, women start drama as if it is some sort of “game” to them??? Yeah, I try to be professional by dressing professional too.

As of recent in the past few days. Some new “lady hire” of whom has a higher position than me used the word “Schizophrenia”. Now, I don’t know if she is “in the know” or just randomly used that word and knows what it means. In any case, I just focus on my work.

Maybe it’s time to look for a work-from-home role? I have that and it’s marvelous.

1 Like

I appreciate the suggestion. However being a man who requires a different location than home to complete my job duties is what suits me. Men don’t necessarily stay home to do construction work or conduct all their meetings at home when leading his team.

That’s fair. The trade-off with being around co-workers is that there will always be drama to deal with. Not having people distracting me when I work lets me get more work done in a more thorough and detailed manner. I’m an insurance professional so it works for my industry.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. The working environment amongst men in my previous job is so different from my current job where there are majority women. With a bunch of guys there is a goal seek and we work as a team to get the day’s work done. Women, it’s a bit different in that you have to assist or help out or something like that. With women, there’s more drama but with guys in the battlefield it’s so different. You obey your orders from the commander and I was so pleased to get orders to do something in a women environment.

My last four bosses have been female and I’d have to say they were all excellent. The current one certainly is. I also have some fantastic co-workers who are female. For me, I don’t really worry about gender and I’m very careful to stay away from anything that could be misconstrued as inappropriate. I just try to treat them well and I find it is reciprocated.

1 Like

I agree. Women do make good bosses and leaders if drama is excluded. Co-workers I cannot say the same especially if there are more women than men. Yeah, I try to be objective and complete my goal. Gender does play a role in decision making and leading. Men & women are different.

1 Like