My cat Don Juan just had a sneezing 🤧 fit

I have my moms Mother’s Day chocolates out and he was smelling the box and he started sneezing 7-8 times in a row I said are you ok. He seemed ok. I googled it and it says if cats have sneezing fits it’s ok if it’s 1 time. But not to happen daily or it’s sign of respiratory infection. Maybe he’s allergic to some of the type of Chocolate? It’s assorted chocolates

4 Likes

Chocolate is toxic to both cats and dogs

3 Likes

It’s closed/sealed would it still have a bad effect

1 Like

No. Not if it’s closed. It’s if it’s ingested

2 Likes

My little dog sometimes has sneezing fits. Shes so tiny that it kinda sounds like a cartoon dog sneezing. I think its probably seasonal allergies/hayfever because it tends to coincide with when I have hayfever symptoms.

2 Likes

He sniffed the chocolate again and he had no reaction

It was just weird I’ve heard him sneeze before but never for 20 seconds straight especially right after sniffing something new

1 Like

My cat was sneezing like crazy a couple of weeks back. We were about to make an appointment for the vet when it cleared up. Cats can catch their own kind of colds as well, and that’s what she probably had.

2 Likes

It’s his 5 year old birthday in 3 days. He’s a healthy and really smart cat.

1 Like

Charles let out a quick sneeze the other day but I haven’t heard anything since.

@CoCo

I did not know a cat sneezing like crazy was a possible respiratory infection. Thanks for mentioning it.

2 Likes

Mine is 18 and her kidneys are going. We’ll try and make sure she enjoys what time she has left as she has been a good friend.

3 Likes

He’s my best of friends and now he loves my parents too. Especially when they give him Gouda and other meat. I hope your kitty cat has a few good years left. We’ve had 8 cats in our family. 3 right now. And my sister has a dog I saw today she’s a good girl

2 Likes

I heard if you get a water dish that has a pump for steadily flowing water that will encourage cats to drink more.

18 is very good for a kitty though. She is always a beauty in the pictures you take of her.

1 Like

Got that two years ago. She learned how to turn on the tap and wouldn’t drink non-aerated water after that. Had to get the foundtain so she’d stop leaving the water running after having drinkies. We packed it for a move and the tantrum was epic - it’s her favourite thing.

1 Like

I am thinking of getting Tiggy and Charles one too. I worry that they don’t drink enough especially now with summer coming up.

What model do you have? I suppose they go from budget to gold encrusted facets.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W5YYGFS/

This is ours. Replacement filters are quite reasonably priced.

1 Like

could be dust or anything in the air. i dont think sneezing is really a problem unless it is not stop like coughing. my dog had kennel cough before and would cough nonstop. this past year the same thing happened but it was much more extreme and he starting coughing up blood mixed with lung fluid. turned out he had congestive heart failure and now is resting in peace. i dont say this to think your cat has this. ive seen cats and dogs go into sneezing fits all the time and its never serious

1 Like

Good move on getting the stainless steel. I am thinking the same. Those plastic water dishes eventually get icky no matter how much you clean them.

Thanks for the link.

I need to soak the metal part in descaler about every three months. It is very easy to maintain otherwise. Ours is actually almost three years old, still working great.

1 Like

@CoCo is right!

Chocolate could kill your cat!

Very toxic to cats and dogs!

Be careful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.