My car is finally getting help

So I brought me car to the shop to get an oil change. Turns out it also needs brake fluid changed, transmission fluid changed, and I need a new intake tube. I’m thankful for my representative for letting me know all of this needed to be done as I had no idea

4 Likes

I once went in for an oil change and learned I needed 4 new shocks… $1500 later…

1 Like

Geeeez. For me it’s gonna come to a total of $650ish

1 Like

As a female, I’m very skeptical about whether I really need what they say I need. I listen to what the workers say and then ask family members who know cars to let me know if it’s true or not. If I need it, I go back and get it done

3 Likes

Me too.

3 Likes

Before I agreed to the extra stuff I did some quick research about if I really needed it or not, and I definitely did.

2 Likes

That’s great that you checked it out first! Good thinking. I’m lazy lol! I just ask someone I trust

2 Likes

I’m a guy and I worry about that too, anybody can take advantage of anyone if you don’t know much, not just cars, but computers and other stuff too.

I have been going to my mechanic since I was 16 (I’m 43 now). He has been in town for a long time and has a good reputation. I trust him and I don’t feel he rips me off or recommends repairs that are not required. However he is 63 now, I don’t know what I will do when he sells his shop and retires. I know a little bit about cars and I can do some basic repairs myself but I don’t know anyone else that I can trust with the major jobs like changing the breaks or installing new shocks, stuff like that, or if they will try to sell me stuff I don’t need.

2 Likes

I hope you find someone else you trust.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.