Schizophrenia.com

My caplyta story so far

I’m sorry I haven’t been on here lately, I just have been really busy with work, losing weight, and beating a addiction. But this is not the topic of my post today, however, it will come into play.

Caplyta has been helping a lot. I hardly worry about my positive symptoms and my negative symptoms have been greatly reduced. I have even been able to show my jocular self on occasion.

My inaugural month showed great improvement on almost ever symptom. But then we ran into a unforseen issue, and that was the insurance company didn’t want to cover it because it was too new of a medication. So I went back on 4mg of risperdal for about a month, before we could get it worked out. I am now on caplyta again, and decreasing my risperdal dosage, to which I am on 1mg.

And the best, most gracious part is that I’ve been losing weight with dieting and working out, but that was not very possible on 4mg of risperdal.

Overall, I am extremely happy with lumateperone so far. Still, I have a lot of issues elsewhere that I need to get fixed. Have a good one everyone, I hope I can get on here more often.

9 Likes

ive read about that new drug on the net…is it good for negative symptoms AND positive

the read up on the net says so but i dont know if it is the pharma comapny hypeing it up…

john …keep us posted on how you do

1 Like

Good job man glad to hear it’s working. Never heard of that med before. I’m on abilify myself

1 Like

Btw welcome back bro I remember you from before I left the forum for a while too

1 Like

Amazing story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you ever tried Abilify?

Can you please tell me what other medications for schizophrenia you’ve been on before starting caplyta .

If you can it would be a great help.

That’s great your doing well

1 Like

Abilify- it was my first, and while I did show remarkable improvement, it still wasn’t the right med.

Risperdal- this one was the best before caplyta, but due to some side effects, I’m switching.

Vraylar- I tried this one last spring, and needless to say, it didn’t work and I almost broke completely again.

Good for you @John_Raven!

1 Like