My brother is really losing it

I love my brother but he and I really don’t get along all that well. He seems to think I’m beneath him, like I’m useless or something. He really looked down on me for my parenting of my daughter and blamed her problems on me. He treated her unkindly which pissed me off. Now he has teens and it’s a mess. They’re up all hours, everybody eats at different times of the day and expects him to cook for them, the house is a disaster, one child has a mystery digestive problem, one child has an eating disorder, they’re all of them morbidly obese, my brother is just now coming to terms with the fact that his wife is an alcoholic and a hoarder. My sister, who has plenty on her own plate, has been trying to help him but has really been trying to steer him to therapy for everyone in the family.

3 Likes

Sounds like your going through a lot @Leaf .

I’m glad they have someone like you in their life to help them through their challenges.

1 Like

Yeah you are going through a lot @Leaf
Hope things get better for you soon.

1 Like

That must be so stressful. I imagine your brother has his foot in his mouth now that he has kids and sees what it’s really like. We love our children and want what’s best for them. But all we can do is raise them to the best of our abilities. But kids have minds of their own and parents can’t control everything. Also, when our kids have problems, we suffer so much because we love them so much.

1 Like

Well said @CoCo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.