Schizophrenia.com

My brain never shuts off

I can’t sleep because my mind refuses to quit. Last night my brain decided it wanted to play word games…all…night…long. I turned on an audiobook and even then it wouldn’t stop. I finally gave up and just got up. Between the nausea, my stupid brain and a raging headache sleep has not been my friend.

3 Likes

Have you tried like putting YouTube on ocean or rain sounds? There are 8 hour videos with that on there

3 Likes

Every night I listen to thunderstorm sounds on Alexa. Or Ocean sounds. (For whatever reason ‘babbling brook’ is only for like 40 minutes). But the former two run on indefinitely.

I had major insomnia experiences from being on too many things. Are you by any chance on anything redundant?

2 Likes

A few months ago I was playing a word game on my phone but I deleted it because of this reason. I was okay for awhile. Although my brain finds other ways to keep me up. The word thing hasn’t happened in awhile.

1 Like

I have tried sounds, music, books. My brain just turned them out.

1 Like

There is no quick fix, but after a few weeks of meditation you can slow a mind down and limit rumination. :slight_smile:

1 Like