My brain is dependent on Antipsychotics

I would relapse immediately and fall into deep psychosis if I cut ties with my antipsychotic risperidone.

Decades of being on these powerful drugs have made me completely dependent on them.

My brain chemistry wouldn’t be able to adjust without risperidone.

It’s sad but true.

14 Likes

I feel the same @Wave I’ve been on them 12 years now.

4 Likes

I don’t think it would be good if I quit taking my meds

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not about to come off my meds either.

4 Likes

My brain is dependent too. My APs are a crutch and my leg isn’t broken, it’s amputated

3 Likes

I was very surprised my pdoc told me I would be fine on a reduced amount of med and so far she was right! She’s in tune with the universe.

2 Likes

I slowly go right back to where I was without them. I never stopped taking them long enough to hear multiple voices again. I tried dropping my morning dose a month ago. After two days the only voice I hear was louder and talking to me about things that upset me and then I would shake with anger. I didn’t even my morning dose made me stop doing that.

2 Likes

Antipsychotics are dependent on my brain and other brains like mine. They wouldn’t exist without us! I say they need to show some respect by dialing back the side effects some.

6 Likes

even a day off psych meds i see a difference in my voices
i hate the side effects of the meds
but i hate the psychotic episodes worse

3 Likes

I feel that I can safely titrate down on some of my AP’s, maybe even eliminate a few, even the depot and also maybe the AD. I’m getting older and I don’t need to be so heavily tranquilized anymore. I certainly hope not. And I’ve been on most of these drugs forever.

Luckily, my pdoc agrees with me. She just wants to take her good, sweet time about it.

2 Likes

Do you remember the reason you went on an AP in the first place. Was that a cool place to be?

1 Like

Yes I was first placed on an AP because of severe paranoia and violent manic outbursts.

Some.people can. Some can’t. No one is forcing anyone to go off them here.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I have been on Abilify for 15 plus years and I dont think I could survive without it. I think I would be a complete mess. Start having hallucinations, seizures, out of body type experiences and hearing voices–paranoia, suspician. Its so dangerous because if I were to do that then i’d be unreachable. It scares me that chemistry is that fragile, even with so called normies, but more-so with me–Im sensitive to the extreme. I feel like I can sense things that other cant but my illness would be like falling into a waking nightmare. I have made major breakthroughs. But the illness is still there…

Some people call it hypersensitive. My brain chemistry is just too sensitive that it will happen no matter what…unless I had a shield that prevented me from all the chaos. I seriously think it has to do with the demylination disease I have that doctors pretend to know nothing about.

Myline is there to cushion and protect the nerves from toxic stress. I also found out I have no reflexes in my legs or knees. I literally have no reflexes.

Im going for my Mental Status Exam today for SSI. Im nervous about it. I dont think the quiz is even accurate. Anyone can fill in a bubble and say they hear voices. If you honestly know what its like to have schizophrenia you wouldnt be expected to do that alone.

1 Like