My blood pressure was 140/90 today when I saw my nurse

I see my primary care Dr. Next month. I wonder if I’m gonna have to go on medication for that? That’s all I need more medication

1 Like

Is that low or high :confused: ?

2 Likes

@everhopeful, that’s borderline for hypertension.

2 Likes

Oh geez. But it’s better to know about it and get treated for it than to not know about it.

1 Like

how many psi is your blood? I check the tires to see what pressure to give.

1 Like

Most often borderline hypertension isn’t treated but moderated. Often people have what they call white coat syndrome which basically is higher blood pressure because you are nervous

1 Like

my bp was 135/90 now its 125/80 i drink 3 cups of hibiscus tea a day and i take hawthorn berry supplements and it keeps it down

1 Like

140 bp is my normal and I’m on 2 different kinds of high blood pressure meds.

Don’t worry @anon12381882.

1 Like

If you don’t like blood pressure medication, there are lifestyle changes you could try.

1 Like

Just went to Wal-Mart and bought hibiscus tea. I though Hawthorn berry supplement was for cholesterol? I’m gonna try to eliminate caffeine.

1 Like

Do you smoke? That elevates blood pressure.

Yes I know and I’m not going on a low salt diet.

I quit last February because my blood pressure was starting to rise.

1 Like

Last month it was like 123/80

Blood pressure fluctuates, so it should be measured more than once. For example, I was at a VA clinic when I was very anxious, and the BP reading was 165/110. 15 minutes later I had a BP reading of 110/64

2 Likes

they sell hawthorn at walmart tooo cheap like 6$ its for blood pressure too

1 Like

I’ve read that for most people salt only changes blood pressure 1-2 points. For African Americans salt can change blood pressure 2-6 points.

On the other hand low carb diets can change blood pressure more than removing salt.

If that’s so why do they need to put you on a freaking low-salt diet?

Medicine doesn’t always act on the most cutting edge science. Industries tend to move slowly.

It’s like block Buster and Redbox. BlockBuster couldn’t change fast enough to compete with Redbox. Blockbuster wasn’t trying to put themselves out of business. They were acting like a big corporation that couldn’t respond to change.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.