My birthday is coming up and I hate it

My birthday is coming up and I really hate it. The few people I know always call and wish me a happy birthday. It makes me feel more uncomfortable than I already am. Plus my family always has to make a big production and sing happy birthday. I know I’m whining, but I’m always bothered several weeks before the event. At least it’s just once a year. LOL!

Anyone else feel this way?

Speak of the Devil. I just received a bday ecard. It’s actually pretty funny.

1 Like

I get the same way. It makes me suspicious. Why are they doing it, i ask.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not fond of my birthdays. it’s a reminder that time passes. This year I’m going to celebrate. Don’t know why maybe I feel lonely

2 Likes

Well happy birthday anyway @Anxiety_Orange :wink:

3 Likes

I’d send you both cannoli on your birthdays if i could

3 Likes

How old are you going to be?

I never like any attention on my birthdays, and would have been just fine if everyone forgot mine.
Twice I have been “Surprised” on my birthday…can’t even remember which ones, I only remember that I wanted to crawl under a rock from embarrassment.

The flip side of people forgetting, including myself, is that when people ask my age, I don’t recall how old I should be and am off (either direction) by a few years.

I’m turning 44.

hmm, neither old, nor young, not a milestone either…well, you can make a special batch of cupcakes, decorate wildly, and give them to everyone you know, and tell them in lieu of saying happy birthday or a gift, they can donate a buck or two to the charity of their choice.
Win-Win.

2 Likes

I have a problem with too much attention causing paranoia too. Three days ago I was at a small party and every single person told me I was a great person. Have been feeling paranoid and thought a lot about this since then. My brain thinks too much attention = bad.

1 Like

I’m the exact same way.

Well, Happy Birthday anyway @Anxiety_Orange

3 Likes

I hate my birthday, its nice when people wish you happy birthday its just a little worrisome as to why they are doing it.

1 Like