My biggest fear

I am afraid that everybody understand some thing (life/how to make friends/how to date girls etc.) I think I am limited

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid. I know it’s easy for me to post but you just have to get out there that’s what I did. Since I can’t function the way I used to I won’t know my limits unless I push them. I had to humble myself down a lot in order to get to where I am right now. It wasn’t easy but I’ve managed to come this far and you will have to do the same.

It takes time but you just have to put yourself out there. For example I want to be married by a certain age and have a family one day as well so I’ve been working on talking to women a little bit more. Just started by saying Hi! and see how they responded and if it’s positive I can just keep going.

What you have to realize is that no one is going to do anything for you except for your family if you have one. No one is obligated to be your friend and unless you are a woman no one is going to ask you on a date. You have to go out and make things happen which is easier said than done when you have this illness.

Take it step by step and one day at a time and you’ll make some progress but you have to hang in there. If your feeling good, sleeping good and symptoms are manageable go out there and start getting active. You can do it!!!

5 Likes

A famous Chinese idiom:

She has eaten more salt than you have eaten rice.

I think experience is accumulated “automatically” over the years.

I understand partly of your fear: If you do not know how to date girls, then as time passes by, the hope of building a family is dim. While there is reason to your fear, it should not stop you from trying. Keep trying.

3 Likes

I talk to this girl once on a train (a friend of a friend) and really like her.
She’s like me a little fatter then the “normal society standard” like 10kg in plus
I found her on Feb mes but I don’t know what to say to her instead of hi what are you up to.

I was thinking to say
I could not sleep very well the last days, if she ask why I whould say I was thinking of her.
Its a good pick up line?

God knows I’m limited. It’s frustrating.

That’s not a good pick up line plus it helps if your are smooth with words. I would just chat with her, get her number and ask her out for a cup of coffee if she accepts than she might be interested in you if not than you can have a peace of mind and move forward with your life. Make sure you still stay friendly when and if you see her around. Keep it simple.

2 Likes

My biggest fear is a toss up between me dying and finding out my beliefs were true and there is an evil entity and it takes me to hell forever or me dying and finding out god exists but he is cruel or cold.

Also I fear having a long drawn out and painful death despite knowing this is the most common death (Americans at least) face. Death in a hospital after battling some horrible condition for years, unable to care for themselves anymore. Dear lord I’d rather be euthanized.

Death in the movies is a fat lie. Things gasp and then their eyes close and they’re gone. In reality it is soooo slooooow most of the time-painfully slow. The body fights to live even though it is failing badly and there is no chance of survival. Natural death is largely horrific. I didn’t use to fear death until I saw it for myself and now I certainly do.

1 Like

We all have different fears, there nothing to be ashamed of
Because is in our nature to feel that ugly feeling or have that believe
Some fears are irrational (like mine) but that’s how we are programmed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.