My bicycle was stolen

Ah too bad, some people have nothing better to do. Hope you can find a new bike!

1 Like

I have had my bicycles stolen three times. This recent theft and then years ago one bicycle theft in the front of our library in my little town and then one of my bicycles was stolen in Miami Beach in Jan 2000. Today I chatted with one local person and he told that he has had his bicycles stolen six times. This really annoys me.

1 Like

My paranoia increases when this type of events happen. It is not good for my mind, but at least now I can keep my new bicycle more safe, although there have been thefts from a locked bicycle storage room too in the past.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that your bicycle was stolen. I know how important your bike rides are to you.

Good for you though, getting a new bike and new lock. I hope you enjoy many more years of bike riding in your little town. :bike: :houses: :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Two issues…

1. The deductible will usually exceed the value of an item like a bicycle.
  2. If the bike’s value exceeds the deductible, you’ll still lose a claims free discount if you have one, and your rate will increase in the following years.

They’ve gotta make their $$ somehow. :frowning:

@msjeu: Sorry you got ripped off, that’s uncool.

2 Likes

sorry to hear that mjseu…hopefully you’ll get anew one soon

1 Like

I’m so sorry @mjseu

1 Like

Sorry about your bicycle @mjseu.

1 Like

Of course I am annoyed because my bicycle was stolen. I do not think that any insurance covered it. Its’ resale value at a flea market might be 50 € which is not much. I just liked a bicycle. I have bought a new bicycle already, nothing very special, just a simple city bicycle.

1 Like

You just can’t have a nice bike in the city. The last time I lived in a city my bike lasted one week before it was cut off a lamppost in the middle of a busy street. It was left there for 10 min max

1 Like

You are right. In Jan 2000 I drove my car from Atlanta to Miami Beach and my bicycle was on the bicycle rack behind my car. The bicycle was stolen in five minutes when I went to see the sunrise.

1 Like

I have been riding my new bicycle. I have had some chats with a few other people and they have told that their bicycles have also been stolen. One older couple told that their bicycle and their boat was stolen. It is very annoying that this type of events happen. From now on I keep my bicycle in the bicycle storage room. I bought a good lock and I lock my bicycle always.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me several years ago. Bikes get stolen a lot around here so I started just walking.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.