My antipsychotic response according to Selfdecode site

According to PDF from Janssen

For those patients stabilized on a fixed dose of oral risperidone for 2 weeks or more, the following conversion scheme should be considered: Patients treated with a dosage of 4 mg or less oral risperidone should receive the recommended dose of 25 mg RISPERDAL CONSTA once every 2 weeks. After an adequate trial at the recommended dose, some patients may benefit from higher doses of 37.5 mg and/or 50 mg of RISPERDAL CONSTA. Patients treated with oral risperidone doses higher than 4 mg per day may be considered for RISPERDAL CONSTA doses of 37.5 mg and up to 50 mg once every 2 weeks, after a trial at the recommended dose of 25 mg once every 2 weeks.

Page 3 http://www.janssen.com/newzealand/sites/www_janssen_com_newzealand/files/product/pdf/risperdalconstanewinj.pdf

Not really it’s very much geared to acute/crisis patients as opposed to more chronically ill patients like myself.
As with maybe the American system it doesn’t really take a holistic approach. This means comorbid things that may impact on functioning are often overlooked.
In my case this means that things that may point to Aspergers/non verbal learning disorder/dyspraxia/learning difficulty have been overlooked through a failure to do a holistic assessment.

1 Like