My 85 year old Dad wants to use Marijuana

He wants to get a prescription for cannabis because he suffers from chronic back and leg pains.
It beats getting put on opioids and other addictive drugs.

I think it’s a smart move.
I’m all for it.

14 Likes

Is it possible to use CBD oil? I heard that stuff is really helpful for pain.

1 Like

I hope it works out for him.

1 Like

Good for him. At that age honestly weed is the best move. Best not to get hooked on opiates

2 Likes

I’m in Massachusetts.

Marihuana is legal here. It is taxed pretty heavily, but if you get a card from a doctor, the tax is waived.

Jayster

2 Likes

I’d suggest a strain that is quite low in THC.

Somewhere around 5 - 7 %.

Anything higher than 12 - 15% will your pops couch locked and unable to move.

2 Likes

I never found weed to relieve pain very well. Hopefully, some of the medical strains are better for that. Good luck to your dad!

1 Like

Oh, I forgot;

Edibles are probably the way to go. Weed smoke is rather harsh on the lungs, especially for someone old.

2 Likes

I’d say let him try an edible, something low, start with 2mg and go from there, slowly increasing to desired effects.

1 Like

He’s seriously considering it but we don’t know if our family doctor prescribes Cannabis.
He’ll probably go for the higher CBD strains.

2 Likes

My grandpa got his medical card at 97, a year before he passed on. It was super helpful for him for pain and anxiety. He used edibles.

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe my Mom started chewing CBD gummies after all the years of punishing me for using pot. But she is 75, has cancer, and could care less about stigma anymore. Also, her doctor said it was fine.

1 Like

My mother is currently going through chemo, and I might suggest medical marijuana to her. She is against it, and has never used it in her life, but she may reconsider after the chemo treatment – it’s so rough on the body. We’ll see, I don’t think she’ll go for it but it can’t hurt to suggest it.

Good for your dad, @Wave. Medical marijuana is much easier on the body than painkillers and opiates.

1 Like

Edibles sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

No harm, no foul.

Heck, there’s cannabis tea as well.

1 Like

Has he tried Amyloban 3399 yet? I have chronic nerve pain in neck, back, and in my right shoulder thanks to damage sustained in a natural gas explosion back in my 20s. I started taking the Amyloban for positive symptoms, but was astonished when it moderated my nerve pain sharply downwards. I’ve taken maybe 3 Vicodin over the past six months. I was a 3 Vicodin a day guy before that. The hardest part of the Amyloban was the Vicodin withdrawal – that was a beotch.

3 Likes

I highly recommend it. I’ve had a few family members on marinol when they had pain from cancer and it worked for them.

1 Like

I’ll look into it @velociraptor.
Thanks

My father said that he would rather smoke the weed.
I guess it would be up to our doctor.

I think that our doctor does prescribe medical Cannabis.

My Father called and asked.

1 Like

It’s going to be hard for him to roll joints with his bad back; unless they’re already pre-rolled when you buy them.

I dont know how that works.