My 22 year old son is a lead foot

He has had so many tickets. Yesterday he got a ticket for going 129 km in a 90 km zone. Over $500 ticket. And now his license costs $1000/year. So much for savings. I sure hope he eventually learns.

3 Likes

Yeah I get done occasionally and most is just keeping up with traffic. It’s so hard paying those fines but you learn pretty quick. Hope the young fellow will learn his lesson. Money really bites the youngsters…gawd it bites me and I think I could have been done the other day on the highway…

I’m a good driver and some roads are so safe but you get caught with traffic speed. We have a points system…you get like 12 points over 2 years. You do your points you lose your licence. I’d imagine that is why he’s paying so much with his licence?

1 Like

he needs a cop radar lol.
its ok to be a lead foot he just needs to learn when its ok.

i remember once when i had my learners my mom was with me and i floored it to 110 in a 60 zone. she went nuts and grabbed the wheel lol.

now i drive like a granny. Ill get there when i get there. :blush:

1 Like

We have merits and demerits. 20 demerits and you lose your license. He’s at 10 demerits. I have 5 merits and my license is $55 a year.

1 Like

one time i was driving like almost 40 over and a cop was waiting over the hill. I get pulled over and hes like. you were going pretty fast and could get a big ticket right now. So he looked at me and was like ‘you dont have your license so im gonna have to give you a ticket for that today.’’
and im like ‘actually i do have it’ and hes like ‘no you dont’ you dont have your license.’

the no license ticket was only 87 bucks vs like 500 something for a speeding ticket.

ive never had a speeding ticket luckily knock on wood

got pulled over for using cellphone at red light. I had my glasses on that day. The lady was like your not suppose to be on your phone thats a 600 dollar ticket. I luckily had my license plate on my dash instead of it being on the front of the car so she gave me a 120 ticket for that. She was like its ok your young you will learn, im like yeah im only 29. shes like 29!!! your old enough to know better! lol.

another one I had been drinking too much and got pulled over on newyears and the cop made me do a breathalyzer. then asked where i was going. and i said it was to a girls house for the night lol. he laughed and was like , ‘‘always for the ladies eh’’
so no ticket and he just made me sleep in my car at the gas station till 5am.

i had few epic ones. lol
yes i know drinking and driving is no good. but ya know young and stupid…

2 Likes

Young men aren’t known for their steadiness and wisdom. I don’t know what to tell you, but one thing you should do is refuse to bail him out of any mess he gets in. Don’t be an enabler.

1 Like

He has far more money than I do so he just dipped into his savings

In Al anon they talk about “detachment with love”. Help him if you can, but don’t let him avoid responsibility. He’s old enough to make his own decisions now.

1 Like

Lol, I got pulled over the first time I was driving alone in my first car. I didn’t come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I slowed way down and then rolled through it As I soon learned, it’s so common to do that there’s a name for it. They call it a “California Roll”.

It was a lady cop which believe it or not was uncommon back in 1978. She let me go with a warning. I was about a mile from my own house.

2 Likes

Don’t come to phx, Az. A new study done says we have most dangerous highways.

1 Like

its probably cuz were both handsome that we got off with a warning :smirk: :smiley:

and @FatMama your son must just be very handsome and all the police dudes are jealous so they give him big tickets.

2 Likes

Of course, that’s the only possible explanation.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s out of control. I hope he slows down soon. That’s dangerous

1 Like

The driver in front of me slammed on their breaks in a 45 mph I ran into the back of them and got a ticket and totaled my car

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the law goes that usually in a rear end collision the blame is on the driver who runs into the car ahead of him/her.

1 Like

Just wait until he sees the cost of his insurance renewal. He’s also likely unemployable in any job that would require him to drive a company vehicle for at least three years now.

1 Like

Thankfully he has a great job.

When I was young and into hondas and subies we used to go to the local street races on weekends, driving fast and running from cops was just part of it. Now I will drive fast up to the speed limit lol. Some people don’t outgrow lead foot, especially guys in lifted diesels where I live. If they didn’t want people to drive fast they wouldn’t make cars as powerful and fun as they do imo.

1 Like

I bought a Corvette recently and my son was with me when I bought it. I tried to give it to him and he wants nothing to do with it. Has only driven it once. He is 27.

Hope it lasts. Jobs aren’t career things like they were for our parents.

1 Like