Schizophrenia.com

My 2 month old

He doesn’t sleep a lot. I read online babies are supposed to sleep an awful lot. Mine is up all day he will sleep at night. But then he is up super early in the morning. I hope he is ok.

3 Likes

Is he cranky during the day?

Cries a lot?

2 Likes

They sleep a lot, but not all at once. It’s very normal for then to wake up every few hours and have issues getting back to sleep. It really sucks as a parent because their sleep schedules are so different to ours.

That wad the hardest part of having babies for me. There simply aren’t enough hours in the day for two people to both get 8 full hours of sleep, properly supervise and interact with the baby, and maintain necessary hygiene/household chores.

But you know your baby best. If you think he has a problem causing him to have trouble sleeping, go to the doctor.

2 Likes

He does get cranky yes and can cry a lot. That’s cause he has colic. He is also waiting to see a paediatrician cause we think he is lactose intolerant.

2 Likes

This heat doesn’t help either. It’s really hot in UK at the moment. He also had his first jabs today.

2 Likes

My pug is so gentle with him. I was afraid of the situation at first. I do love my pug she was always the baby (still is my baby) and I try to always fit some attention in for her.

5 Likes

I think @ninjastar is right. But if you’re concerned, go to the pediatrician. It’ll ease your mind. And it’s good you’re getting baby checked for lactose intolerance

2 Likes

oof, yeah this can be a huge stressor for babies. They can’t regulate their temperature as well as we can, and it helps to have skin to skin contact. My sister just got used to never wearing a shirt when her kids were babies because they frequently needed to be held to her chest so they could feel her body temperature and then match it.

3 Likes

Skin to skin is good. We do that.

2 Likes

A big sign if he is colicky is if he draws his legs up to his belly. That is a sign of upset stomach. Also when he sleeps if his hands are open or closed. I had to put all five of mine on special formula because they could not tolerate the regular. I hope he starts letting you sleep at longer periods at night.

3 Likes

Yes. He was doing that a lot. I have switched to lactose free milk and he has been better. I see the oediatrician soon so will be able to get it on prescription cause stores don’t really stock up on it and when they do they only let you buy two small tubs of it. It’s hard to get hold of.

2 Likes

Yah, he might not be sleeping well being fussy and in pain. Glad he’s seeing doctor. Help you get sleep, too.

2 Likes

My daughter had problems with constipation. It was the iron in the formula she was drinking. I had to put Karo syrup in her bottle.

2 Likes

It’s hard being a new mom cos you have no idea what you’re doing and things happen like my daughter got bronchitis when she was little and she had to get breathing treatments. She was scared.

2 Likes