Musicians practice, repeating over and over, because

things can go wrong. I think it’s the same reason lovers marry, and pregnant woman ask for a doctor. Even though you may be a confident person, life is full of curve balls and you never know when one might hit. :eyeglasses:

3 Likes

I never, and I mean almost NEVER perform. But I still practice my piano, repeating over and over.

1 Like

We are our own most critical audience.

2 Likes

My best friend, who hears me play all the time, would have no problem with my stopping my piano studies and practice now, if that gives you any idea of my competence. @PinCushion

No. That gives me no idea. My best friend would come over to play with me and I would have to practice. She would have no qualms about my leaving the piano forever. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Really??? That’s very interesting!! @PinCushion

Well, the showdown came when she attended a recital and got a little jealous. Now, she says she wishes she had studied the piano, herself. Incidentally, she made sure her daughter got piano lessons. The daughter is an established composer now.

2 Likes

Whose recital? Your recital? @PinCushion

My piano teacher had her students put on a recital.

2 Likes

Thank you for your story @PinCushion .

1 Like

I practice a variety of styles on guitar and mandolin. I do repeat things quite a bit. I don’t practice so I won’t make mistakes I practice so I can’t make mistakes.

1 Like

I don’t mind the repetition. They are immortal works of art.

2 Likes

Love it. 1515151515151515

Love this too. 1515151515151515