šŸŽµ What song are you listening to right now? - Part 4 šŸŽµ

The second band I saw live, the first show i went to by myself (no dad).

Great choice @Montezuma. That album was a big one for me!

1 Like

The Birthday Party was a huge band for me. I even had the VHS tape they put out. Never got too much into Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds though, although I kinda admired them from a distance and had friends who worshiped them.

2 Likes

Tonight is another golden oldieā€¦I so love this songā€¦brilliant slacker rock!

Iā€™ve seen enough to eye you but seen to much to try youā€¦my adolescence and twenties exposed!

1 Like

Genius. And large vintage Electro-Harmonix pedals and a Fender Jazzmaster.

I was just going to post a song or two, but this Lp was just too amazing. Couldnā€™t choose any songs over the others. Produced by Steve Albini.

3 Likes

Thank you @eighteyedspy23!

Yeah thatā€™s a classic album! I discovered it one summer I was spending with my dad. He had it on tape, and I couldnā€™t stop listening to it Haha!

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Check out Princeā€™s guitar solo starting at 3:30

2 Likes

@valiumprincess
1 Like

I just wanted to apologize for posting this. I liked the Descendents for a while, but I didnā€™t own their first LP. When I was choosing these songs I will admit I just chose songs off the first one without actually being familiar with them. I just liked certain titles and just listened to part of each song when I put them on.
For some odd reason, I looked up the lyrics to ā€œIā€™m not a loserā€. The first part was okay, but the second verse just bummed me out. Maybe it was just a sign of the times and he was just using certain words without overtly trying to offend whatā€™s now called the LBGT community, but it still was an immature and inappropriate choice of words. If Milo is homophobic, thatā€™s pretty Shitty and Iā€™m surprised no one I knew ever called him out on that. If he was trying to insult certain ā€œrich kidsā€, it was still a really stupid and offensive way of doing it. And honestly, teen angst is fine, but these kind of lyrics are just not anything I ever identifed with. Making any broad generalizations about any perceived group is just a sad way of thinking.
Again, I apologize. I did like the second LP, but TBH, itā€™s been about 30 years since I last listened to it, so I really donā€™t remember everything on it.

3 Likes

mate. Your big to admit it and move on Itā€™s all good.

We are from the same musical generation and some stuff was still cool although it wasnā€™t Kosher. The Cosmic Psychos were a great example! It was misogynist heaven but they had a certain sensibility and it was all in a bit of fun like most Aussies were at the time.

I applaud you for bringing this up but donā€™t beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen. Some stuff I post is a little on the naughty side and that isnā€™t so bad! I appreciate you have some decent morals! That is all that important! Keep on keeping onā€¦love your taste in music!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

This one gets stuck in my head a lotā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmqpEy70FVk

fancy dancer