Musical genres?

Well, in my CD holders in my car I have Frank Sinatra, John Denver, early Beatles, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow, Heart, solo John Lennon.

1 Like

I sung in choirs for 6 years, and most of them I did was classical/classical contemporary music. I think, as a result, I listen to choral music very often.

As a chamber choir in university we sung The Ground by Ola Gjeilo for like 6+ times in three years- the funny story is, in my first year of university, we ended up becoming a women’s choir because we had no musicians to take up the Tenor/Bass parts. So, we had to divide The Ground into many different parts so that we can sing…kind of…the same song. And it seems like I will be singing it more. The most recent performance of the same song was last year (but thankfuly we have some basses, tenors, and baritones this time!).

1 Like

Thank you @anon33673328 for the link. Those were some of the classical pieces I had on my list so far. For the recessional we wanted something like Coldplay Sky full of Stars or Viva la Vide, or even Raiders of the Lost Ark. However, I’m not sure what the organist can play at or handle. I need to call and speak with her.

1 Like

I also like instrumentals, forgot to mention that.
The first 3 numbers on the album ‘Airdrawndagger’ by Sasha, are on my relaxation playlist. I hear colours, and I love to just lie back amd envision all the colours without vocals interfering.

3 Likes

Have you ever heard Blaqk Audio? They are kind of EBM or Darkwave sometimes, but both of those are sometimes heavily influenced by synthpop.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.