Musical Ear Syndrome?

But before my antipsychotic was increased, I used to hear this faint “music” that wasn’t there if I was agitated and the house was quiet. It was the most annoying, repetitive music that wasn’t there. It was like it was just three or four notes repeated over and over again. I used to listen to it for hours. I heard it coming from fans or ventilation ducts. (Because of this, for a while, I believed the CIA was putting sound-producing devices in the air conditioning vents to drive me crazy. Another time I thought it was robotic crickets in the garden meant to drive me crazy.)

It seems a lot like this

but it went away when they increased my antipsychotic so I’m not sure if it is actually an auditory hallucination, or if it was a physiological issue that just happened to go away around the time my meds were increased.

What do you think? Does that qualify as an auditory hallucination? (I’ve been on meds over a year now, and since going on meds I haven’t had any other significant hallucinations.)

1 Like

It could be an earworm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.