Music: When you discover a new artist

How long do you listen to, and appreciate their talent for?

I tend to find a new artist, and I will obsessively listen to their music for weeks, and watch all the videos and interviews on youtube

Eventually I get bored and move on, but I guess that’s how music tastes evolve over time.

Does anyone else do this?

4 Likes

I can listen to a track over and over again yeah.

I used to watch mjackson interviews.

Right now I don’t have much drive with music.

i listen to a new artist for a few months, then i check out their new stuff when a new album is released. haven’t discovered any good new artists in awhile though. but then again, i haven’t really been looking either.

I still listen to the same artists since I was young. Some new ones.

1 Like

I wasn’t either, but I have split a family apple music subscription with a few people, and I can download anything

Since signing up I have probably downloaded 50 albums, which is more than I have done for years!

I only pay £5 a month for it as my contribution

1 Like

When i get interested in a new artist (which doesn’t happen often) i tend to listen to them exclusively, hearing as much of their stuff as i can, until i get bored with the whole thing.

The last two artist I discovered. I’m still listening to them. Just the time before I’ve stopped listening to music for a long time. So I’ve years of just the same folks, with some new stuff that didn’t attach to me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.