Installed bitwig and all the sounds of it. Tomorrow I will start playing

2 Likes

That’s great, enjoy and have loads of fun

2 Likes

i started learning bitwig today, its alot of fun :smiley:

2 Likes

i want to take courses in point blank school

2 Likes

Got a new mic and did a quick jam to test it out! I’m happy with it, before I was recording on my laptops crappy built in mic lol

6 Likes

Guitar hero?.,.

1 Like

Cool man! It sounds like some folk stuff you guys have up North!

1 Like

Is it similar to a song from the game?

2 Likes

Lol, I love the sound of acoustic guitar, and it’s also the only instrument I have. I think I like recording physical instruments better than putting down notes in a DAW, since I can’t play piano. An instrument you can play is more free flowing.

2 Likes

I don’t know never played it :innocent::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah me too. The problem for me is that the drums allways sound extremely robotic. Nothing beats a good drummer lol

That’s a problem when doing acoustic stuff…

1 Like

Are you saying that acoustic stuff sounds more robotic? Cause to me it feels like the opposite, maybe I misunderstood.

How many instruments can you play? I’m looking to maybe buy a bongo drum or something like that

1 Like

I’m saying that the robotic drums do not mix well with acoustic stuff, I’d rather prefer the human component on the drums as well

I can only play bass. But for daw input I guess I could play piano, drums and guitar

1 Like

Ah I see… yeah that makes sense. I guess you can randomize the interval of the drum hits and all that but even then real drums aren’t really random

1 Like

Yeah it’s not the same… I’ve tried to manually input every drum beat of a song lol… it’s better than a velocity randomizer but still sounds robotic imo

1 Like

A cheap midi drum set would do the trick I think.

But there’s a lot to try from imagination… I could definetely hear some free flowing “indigenous” drums alongside your guitar @labratmat has a pan drum iirc.

@labratmat how is your music journey going?

2 Likes

It is not going anywhere atm unfortunately. Since the med increase the avolition is overwhelming me.

Maybe it may return one day.

1 Like

Hopefully so. You still on 1200k cal a day?