Music is my life. anyone else?

I love listening to music.
I am very sad that I’ve had to cancel my Spotify Premium as of next month.

Apparently, listening to music you like releases endorphins

1 Like

I used to be a music teacher. My degree was in music. But since my psychotic episode at 26 I have not touched my instrument and barely listened to music. I can’t get any enjoyment. It does not seem very important to me right now but perhaps that will change one day.

3 Likes

I love listening to music, particularly post Industrial and Darkwave. Sometimes I make music kind of like that, but I haven’t been prolific in a while. I did do a remix contesr that a fb friend suggested, but it was rushed and not my best material at all.
If I had less money Spotify would still be a super high priority.

3 Likes

Music and foreign languages

2 Likes

I took the plunge and ordered the replacement pickup (the microphonic part) for my P-Bass copy. It’s made by DiMarzio and should sound awesome.

2 Likes

i take things to an extreme.
if i like something, i love it.
if i dislike something, i hate it.
but uh…
yeah i abused my earbuds and music a little too much.
my therapist warned me about it and even had to take them away while i was in php.
fun.

2 Likes

When I changed my med from ablify to quetapine I am listening to spiritual and sufi music. Before than that love songs.

Same. It’s my thing to compose and play + produce music. Never going to quit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I listen to music as much as I can. My girlfriend gets kinda sick of it even.
Would’ve been nice to play some instrument. Like harmonica or guitar

3 Likes

If im not listening to something on vinyl or watching a music video im making beats. Cant release anything yet but loops lofi 80s vaporware and boombap are always being played in my house.

1 Like

I’ve lost interest in music, along with so many other things, which is sad because it used to mean so much to me.

I also get this pesky thing now where I’ll get music stuck in my head for days at a time. Like the chorus of a song will just repeat over and over again in my head, like an intrusive thought. So I tend to avoid it now.

2 Likes

I’m like @Wave. I have a hard time feeling pleasure so I don’t listen to music on streaming sites. I don’t watch T.V. or movies either for the same reason. Besides, I have delusions about the media. I have a hard time feeling sorrow. I don’t get angry. I actually feel no emotions at all most of the time. But, in my case, this is a good thing. That is much better than being suicidal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.