Mulberry leaf for schizophrenia?

Has anyone tried mulberry leaf for schizophrenia?

This study says it helped with mouse models. Not sure about it working for humans.

1 Like

Here’s some information on it. Probably a load of crap, but I’m bored.

1 Like

I will buy some today, I will let you know how it works out.I am on clozapine so it would be a miracle if it worked as well as that does!

1 Like

Thanks @dmdar.

I hope it helps, but don’t get your hopes up. It’ll be amazing if it helps.

Did u buy CBD oil?

@GentleSoul.

I did try the cbd oil but it kinda aggravates my schizophrenia. I think it’s because it contains small amounts of thc. I felt kinda paranoid from it and made me stupid. But I’m gonna try pure pharmaceutical grade thc-free cbd when I have enough money. Pure cbd without thc is expensive, probably because of the process it goes through. But yeh, normal hemp cbd oil doesn’t help me sadly, I’m sure it’s the thc in it. I felt uncomfortably high from it.

1 Like

Be sure to let us all know how u are doing once u get ur hands on the right product.

I might take part in a phase 2 clinical trial in Germany. 200mg x 2/day for 22 weeks. Let’s see if they want me and lets hope I won’t get the placebo treatment.

1 Like

Please don’t switch from clozapine to mulberry leaf on the strength of a small study in mice.

If in doubt, ask your doctor.

2 Likes

@GentleSoul.

Best of luck mate. I really want to try pharmaceutical grade cbd.

1 Like

Please ask your doctor before trying mulberry leaf. It could seriously interact with your current AP in a negative way, especially if it really is anti-dopiminergic. Remember, “natural” doesn’t mean “risk-free” by any stretch of the imagination. Supplements still have side effects that you need to be aware of!

3 Likes

Yeh never stop your medication.

Is clozapine an anti-dopaminergic? The Mulberry Leaf sounds a little scary I don’t want to mess with my dopamine!

1 Like

It’s a little bit different from most antipsychotics, but still a dopamine antagonist in many areas of the brain. Since this herb you’re talking about is also a dopamine antagonist, it would be logical to assume that there could be interaction effects. Combining them is a horrible idea. Switching out Clozapine with this herb is an equally horrible idea. You should stop experimenting with your body. I’ve read several of your posts, and you’re not being responsible with your health. Do not try new supplements or herbs without first consulting with your doctor.

2 Likes

I use white mulberry extract sometimes. It does help but there’s a lot of potassium in it so you have to be careful with it.