Much needed rain is here

It started raining on my commute home at 3:00 pm and it hasn’t stopped. It’s all good, California has been on a three or four year drought anyway. I like the rain.
“Rain, reign on me”.

“Raindrops keep falling on my head”

“When the rain comes
they run and hide their heads”

“Rainy days and Mondays always get me down”

5 Likes

I’m so glad. I live in Oklahoma, but I have relatives who headed that way during the dust bowl. I hope you get lots and lots of rain.

Ah yes! I love the rain! CA really needs it. Our Nino can’t be a dud

I miss thunderstorms. We rarely ever have them where I live anymore, the last one was in the early hours of the morning and I slept through it. When I was growing up we had them all the time in the spring and summer months and they were beautiful.

Is the term “Oakie” a derogatory term? Because I don’t want to offend but the first thing that comes to mind is the song,
“I’m an Oakie from Manastokee”.

Not at all. I think it did have negative connotations after John Steinbeck wrote “Grapes of Wrath”, but that was a long time ago. As for the song, I find it a little irritating. It is nothing like reality. Muskogee has always been a hub of the drug trade. A more realistic song about Muskogee would be Dr. Hook’s “I Got Stoned and I Missed It”.

1 Like

I remember Dr. Hook and I remember that song.