Movie called a beautiful mind scares me

That part of the movie where the guy is taking the brain pills and acts like he’s dead. He can’t function or think and his wife almost leaves him cause his thingy doesn’t work very well. That’s exactly what I experience. Doesn’t matter the pill either, they all seem to suck life out of you. But living a life like John Nash did would be worse. He learned to live with it without the pills though,I can’t do that.

3 Likes

I never watch this flim…
Does nash refuses to take med…??

1 Like

Was based on a true story. John Nash was a mathematician and genius with schizophrenia. I won’t ruin it for you, track down a copy and watch it,it’s really good.

1 Like

Thanks sis screwloose…i will definatly watch it…
Soon…

Is worth it ?? @Screwloose I’m planing to see some film this afternoon

1 Like

Yes it’s a good film,has a happy ending.

1 Like

I watched it a long time ago. Many times actually (once with my mom too).
Anyway, John Nash and his wife died few years ago in a car accident. :frowning:

2 Likes

The film is only loosely based on his life though. He didn’t have hallucinations. It was nearer to my illness - paranoia and conspiracy in real life…

2 Likes

Do u know what symptoms he used to had…

http://ripleeforensicpsych.umwblogs.org/2012/08/02/overcoming-paranoid-schizophrenia-the-inspiring-case-of-john-forbes-nash-jr/

1 Like

Was super long…

Interesting though…

1 Like

Just about every movie scares me currently. I am newly diagnosed. And my medication is still being worked on. Is anyone taking Latuda? If so, how did it work out for you?