Schizophrenia.com

Mouth sores

Last December or January my nurse practitioner said I have canker sores and thrush in my mouth. He prescribed magic mouthwash, and they went away for a while. He tested me for HIV, and I was negative. Now my mouth is sore again. I saw the dentist yesterday, and he said I should use an alcohol-free mouthwash. I’ve been using original Listerine. The hygienist said I should use Biotene mouthwash. I’ve tried the Biotene last night and this morning and the sores seem better. My sister thinks I should be tested for other autoimmune disorders such as Lupus.

Do you have any thoughts about this?

1 Like

I have a couple autoimmune disorders, including suspected sero-negative lupus and get a raw mouth.

2 Likes

Thanks Zombie. 15

1 Like

Are you allergic to anything? I thought things like gluten intolerance can cause mouth sores etc too.

1 Like

I’m not allergic to anything that I know about. As far as I know I’m not gluten intolerant.

1 Like

Acidic foods give me sores, especially pineapple. What foods have you been eating?

2 Likes

Hotdogs, burritos, cheese burgers, veggie burgers, and Boost Nutritional Drink.

2 Likes

None of that would do it. You should get checked for autoimmune problems

1 Like

Thanks. 15151515

1 Like

Try a povidone iodine mouthwash. That could help.

1 Like

Are you under a lot of stress right now?

Yes. The arthritis in my left hip has gotten worse, and with the pain I’m just barely able to walk. I no longer have a car and have to use public transportation or walk. I just emailed a counseling agency with the state government to see about getting some help or assisted living.

Your sister is on the right tract being how lupus is autoimmune and all, but it typically presents with a butterfly rash on your face. I would get a CBC, the blood test will tell you your white blood cell counts and can go from there. Your nurse was also on the right tract as that is a complication of hiv. Steroids can cause it too, not the gym kind but the asthma kind

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.