Most people never heard of Schizoaffective

Why bother … most people other than mental health professionals never heard of the schizoaffective diagnosis.
The disorder sometimes confuses psychiatrists!

I just tell people I have bipolar disorder.
It’s more familiar to others.

1 Like

That may be true but unless it’s mentioned people will continue to remain ignorant of its existence. That doesn’t help people who have a mixture of affective and psychotic symptoms .

1 Like

Such a complex disorder.
Doesn’t fit neatly in a box.

I’m tired of trying to explain to others my SZA diagnosis.
The vast majority don’t get it.

They are more familiar with schizophrenia and bipolar.

I sometimes will tell them that I suffer with both disorders.

2 Likes

Yes. In some cases it’s closer to bipolar and in others closer to schizophrenia. Then there are cases where it is equidistant between the two.

1 Like

So true 15151515

1 Like

ive Been seeing my doc for 2 years now and just this past week did he go “oh seems like you do have negative symptoms”. I’ve been telling him such the whole time :joy:

3 Likes

i use to say to my dr about my focus among other things, its like they don’t care or cant do anything about it except monitor it which is useless, i guess they just write it down and thats it.

1 Like

Some things can help with fatigue but they also have the side effect of making some people psychotic

1 Like

Yup that’s what I do, I just say I’m bipolar and schizophrenic

1 Like

That was me too @wave saves a lot more explaining.

2 Likes

I had to explain what it was to the nurse before my surgery and tell her what all my meds were for and what type. Finally I just said schizophrenia with bipolar disorder

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.