Most of the time, I am with myself

Most of the time, I am with myself rather than alone. The two mind states are distinctly different. I figure I need to do this rather than stay alone. I might get, or had been too lonely. I have been doing this for a number of years. It’s not something I do consciously, something I choose to do. It just happens. Sometimes though, I become alone and the twin self is not there. Is this understandable?

5 Likes

Well if you talk about identities I can relate.
I have my two selfs too. O.o
Roughly said, it is a feminist well educated self assured one and a submissive poor ‘help me, love me, care for me I can’t do it myself’ one. One of them writes these posts and other one lives out there. I don’t find satisfaction with either of those.
Is this understandable ? :)))

1 Like

In which sense?

How would one not be with itself?

I have the same experience. From what I understand, the twin self is comprising true inner self and fake outer self. I often name them as heart and mind rather than multiple personality. Not sure what is it, but the self-talk makes me feel less lonely.

i’m just really lonely.

2 Likes

When I am alone I conduct grand enterprises in my head. I solve the world’s problems. When I am around people I am very unsure. I resent them a little bit for interfering with my day dreams. I have a good ability to keep myself entertained when I am alone. It comes at the expense of my social life.

2 Likes

You’re not getting it. The alone person and the with himself person are presences. As usual, a schizophrenic experience is unexplainable.

1 Like

I’m using mind state in the Buddhist sense.

hugs <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Isolation is a poison for the brain.

1 Like

I don’t know exactly but I feel comforted sometimes by a presence then when it leaves I feel more lonely.

Billy Idol impresses me as a fancy, little devil from MTV during the 80’s.