Morning folks 5/18/16

Hope y’all are doing well.

Feeling a certain lack of motivation today. Hoping my coffee will snap me out of it.

It’s sunny for once so biking might be a nice activity this afternoon. I need to lift weights.

The big event of the day is the arrival of my i7 and some new ram. My computer will be practically be complete aside from hard drive space. I’ll throw another SSD in there at some point, but for now I’m good with the relatively small SSD I’ve got in there.

Fingers crossed that FedEx isn’t too busy today and I get that stuff in the early afternoon.

Beyond that I gotta do the dishes and vacuum. Tomorrow is my first paycheck. This time I’m going to do it right and hold onto all my pay stubs. Got to get in touch with SSA and see if I can get my account set up with some new info and get the app set up to let me snap photos of my pay-stubs instead of worrying about mailing them in.

So a mixture of things, get to “benchmark” the new components with some emulators… see just how far I can push the graphics. I will likely be using my tower a lot more after this. Then it’s back to work and getting the finer details of life in line.

Just checking in. Getting the brain going.

Take Care,
-a0000z0111

3 Likes

Afternoon update here:

Computer system is upgraded and running…
I did the dishes and cleaned everything up… even lifted some weights.

It’s a good day. The only thing I have left that I should do is fold my clothes…

1 Like

yup it runs those emulators just about as well as it can… have to drop the settings a little bit… but even the most difficult games are having pretty steady frame-rates

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.