More reaction options!

Have y’all noticed if you hold down the heart button you have more reaction options now!?!?

This is so exciting!

But no sad face, which is really needed. Especially around here.

1 Like

We can still type it in the text :confused:

I willl use the thumbs up because I’ll often use a like to acknowledge I’ve read a post especially with the moderation side of things. I think it’ll be handy for me!

1 Like

It’ll be fun to see people read way too far into what type of reaction they or someone else did or didn’t receive. Because you know it’s coming. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, but if you’re reading something after a conversation has moved on, it’s weird to reply sometimes. Especially with sad stuff.

2 Likes

I immediately like the thumbs up @LED . This will improve my forum experience for sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s true… yea I agree pressing the heart button is a bit awkward when people are feeling down

2 Likes

There’s the hug one that will probably be close enough.

1 Like

According to meta.discourse.org, they inadvertently enabled this reactions plugin on sites by default recently and have since made it where reactions will now be disabled by default.

7 Likes

Maybe they were trying to keep it positive but maybe you’re right. … they could replace the confetti ball thing

1 Like

Tbh I like the simple 1 heart. It makes it easier to just quickly drop a heart whereas the reaction takes a few seconds

Well that sucks. I was so excited. :cry::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Mine’s back to the way it was.

2 Likes

I thought they were pretty good and I could do things like Thumbs up if I wanted to agree/let people know I’ve read their posts rather than a heart for a like. I think they could work here if enabled!

i thought it was good fun, positive

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.