More psychiatrists! more schizophrenics!

it stands to reason that if ever psychiatry got popular and there were alot more doctors that alot more people would be getting diagnosed schizophrenic. sure i was a little paranoid when i was 27, but i held it together pretty good, even i got diagnosed with no hallucinations at the time. now for the rest of my life i’ll wonder if their psych meds made me hallucinate and changed my brain chemistry.

2 Likes

My Mom has taken antipsychotics before she didn’t end up with psychosis after getting off of them she has taken multiple antipsychotics

2 Likes

You hallucinate as a result of sz/sza, not from AP’s.

2 Likes

i got markedly worse post diagnosis, than before diagnosis. so i seemed to be pretty normal until age 27, a little liberal maybe haha. i was at my worst about age 30-32 before getting back on meds and the last 5 years have been pretty smooth, although much more boring.

Every version of the DSM gets more and more disorders listed in it, so there are going to be more and more people diagnosed with something. See my tagline.

1 Like

I’m not sure there’s anything diabolical about the increasing indicators and so forth: consider cancer, the better they are able to recognize and identify the various precursors to malignancy, the exponentially better the odds are to identify isolate and treat a precancerous cell group before it begins to proliferate. A similar model could possibly be applied to mental illness. More research done by more dedicated teams could possibly yeild better insight into the physiological aspects of the various psychological illnesses, and so yield more and more effective medications and treatments than previously available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.