More important:knowing what’s smart or knowing what’s stupid

Would you rather be really gifted in science or math but really foolish with your common sense and stuff like that or you know whats stupid , but you don’t know the really advanced smart stuff. So the other way around

5 Likes

I don’t think science or mathematics would be helpful in everyday life
I prefer to be smart on daily basis

5 Likes

I think not knowing about anything is the wisdom.

3 Likes

I would love to have an unbalanced amount of skill in some intellectual field, like physics, with a trade-off of poor skill in most other areas. I’d have a good chance of making a difference in the world.

5 Likes

This Is a hard one

1 Like

George W. Bush distinguished between “book smart” and “sidewalk smart.” He thought the latter was better. But I wasn’t a Bush fan.

William Blake: “innocence” and “experience.” The lamb belongs to innocence, the tiger to experience. “Tiger, tiger burning bright / In the forests of the night / What immortal hand or eye / Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?”

I love that.

3 Likes

Yes it’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very. 1515151515

1 Like

Street smarts = Turning off your TV
Book Smarts = Opening a book every day

… You can have both…

2 Likes

I’m already gifted in math…It contributes to my depression because I lost a lot of my ability due to SZA. I cannot be a high achiever like I want to be. It’s kind of like one used to be healthy but because of SZ/SZA you now eat junk food and are overweight due to meds…which causes emotional discomfort…

I love Blake… We have similar preferences and taste

2 Likes

I read those two poems in high school. We had to compare and contrast them or something. I thought they were great poems. William Blake was a great writer.

1 Like

I’m already the former, essentially, and I like that just fine regardless of my lack of common sense.

Hi. I studied “The Lamb” and “The Tiger” in HS as well. Same assignment, out of Perrine’s Sound and Sense. I love the line, “Did the one who made the lamb make thee?”

Have you seen Blake’s paintings? The Ancient of Days is pretty fantastic. :wink:

1 Like

I always get the two confused.

I always thought I was smart and that was in tests and stuff. I fell apart early as the schiz moved in and just became a dope! I was plenty smart enough with a good memory but terribly out of the loop in other areas.

I would just have liked to be average. Have average experience. Have average life. I feel I lived ten lives with psychosis and that is a big burden to live through. Sz sucks and there’s no ways around that.

I’d say, with that in mind, you can’t master either! My favorite Jethro Tull album was “Thick As a Brick” look it up and have a listen! It is quite good but two songs for an entire album but cool nonetheless!

2 Likes

I knew he was also painter, but I have not seen many of his paintings. I looked up The Ancient of Days, and I like it a lot. I’m also a fan of the line you mentioned. I think I used that line to compare the two poems in my assignment.

1 Like

I love Tull. My fave is Aqualung, tho. Haven’t experienced enough of them, TBH. I heard that Heavy Horses is good. I love “Mother Goose” so much!

1 Like

Yes, the implication is dark. Can’t be specific about it here; there’s a rule against anything religious or spiritual, unfortunately.

Thanks for checking out the painting.

1 Like

I generally have common sense but I still do things without thinking or say things before thinking.
I never applied myself academically until maybe the last year or so.

I’ve been playing around with this simple microbit controller lately. I learned how code instructions to modulate a fan speed from 0-1023 , using the x or y axis to do that with the accelerometer.
Elementary school kids do that stuff now :joy:

I feel like a kid playing with Technics Legos or kinex again :yum: