More capable than she lets on

You in such a sticky situation hey Rexy…

When ive got family that annoy me or get of my nerves, I just cut them out of my life. Unfortunately you cant really do that.

The other option i suppose is to somehow reset the bounderies with her. However this might be taxing on your Marriage as shes probably going to run to her son, your husband.

Its a hard choice, im so sorry you dealing with this !!

2 Likes

This is nuts she should be doing these things for herself if she can make such a mess of the kitchen

1 Like

Sorry I disagree with comments here yeah she might be exaggerating with her capabilities but at the end of the day family is family and that’s sacred all we got is family at the end of the day that’s why she leans on you so much bcuz family will always be there for u who knows what’s she’s going thru inside and she’s old she won’t be on this Earth for much longer appreciate the time you got left with her

2 Likes

She’s not that old, she’s only 64, before even retirement age.

I understand what you’re saying, but I’m not putting up with abuse in the name of family.

Also, she may be suffering on the inside with some sort of depression, but I, myself, have schizophrenia and do a lot less bitching.

2 Likes

I feel you what you saying at the end of the day you know your situation better than anyone thought I’d throw my 2 cents in

3 Likes

I feel for you @anon54386108 but remember family is still family

2 Likes

Wait till you meet some of my family.

You will take those words back lol

4 Likes

Abuse is abuse, regardless of whos doing it to you!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I didn’t think about everyone’s family just my lucky one

1 Like

Yeah,

I don’t hold family in such high regard.

I quit talking to nearly three quarters of my family when I had my son because they didn’t agree with my decisions.

Family is family, but they can also be abusive assholes.

4 Likes

Been there. I kicked an abusive cousin to the curb. I haven’t talked or seen him in a decade. Good riddance. But I wish him well…haha I couldn’t type that with a straight face.

5 Likes

I feel bad for you. I don’t see this ending well for you and your husband. If she stays you’ll resent him. If you insist she leave he will resent you. My husband and I took a very long time to get past it. We still harbor hard feelings and never bring it up now.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with @anon4362788. I don’t see this situation ending well for you or your husband. Stuff like this has the potential to rip relationships apart. I think you and your husband need to sit down together and really talk about all this. Better to deal with this now, before you reach your breaking point.

1 Like

I’m afraid of this happening.

I can’t imagine a scenario where I would be okay with her living with us,

Even if we did manage to move to a house with a mother in law suite.

Its hard to sit down and talk to him about stuff because we never have any alone time,

I guess I need to just make some.

It’ll eventually come down to a me or her situation, I can just feel it.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. None of this is easy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.